Thursday, April 14, 2011



City concept. Used pieces of various Italian villages to create a new composition and then using overpaint and compositing techniques. This is one of the first full on landscapes I've created in a very long time, and certainly the first with this much detail. This semester in Concept design was one I was dreading as the projects were all based on my weakness...environments, large scale light and shadow, technical drawing and vehicles. I've never been fan. I've always been a character guy (that's next semester's focus). I'm happy with it as a painting but as a concept not so much. It lacks a pointed focal point and light source and would look more dramatic with cast shadows. It's styled on the art of Alberto Mialgo. I am happy with how the water turned out, as well as the mountain range....the buildings need polish.

No comments: